MEDIA ADVISORY: Join Henry M. Paulson, Jr., Michael R. Bloomberg and Thomas P. Steyer for the Risky Business Report Release
WHAT: Press conference (buffet breakfast served) to announce the findings of the Risky Business report, the first independent assessment of the economic risks of climate change in the U.S.
WHEN: 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, June 24.
WHO: Project Co-Chairs: Former Mayor of the City of New York Michael R. Bloomberg, former Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson, Jr., and Thomas P. Steyer, former Senior Managing Member of Farallon Capital Management, plus the following members of the project’s Risk Committee:
- Henry Cisneros: Founder and Chairman, CityView Capital; former U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); former Mayor of San Antonio, TX;
- Gregory Page: Former CEO and current Chairman of Cargill, Inc.;
- Robert Rubin: Co-chairman, Council on Foreign Relations; former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury;
- Donna Shalala: President, University of Miami; former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services; former Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Madison; and
- Alfred Sommer, M.D.: John Hopkins Distinguished Service Professor, Dean Emeritus and Professor of Epidemiology and International Health, John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
WHY: The U.S. economy faces significant risks from unmitigated climate change. The Risky Business report presents a new approach to understanding these risks for key U.S. business sectors, and provides business leaders with a framework for measuring and mitigating their own exposure to climate risk. More information about the Risky Business Project can be found at http://riskybusiness.org/.
RSVP: There is limited seating for the press conference. Please RSVP to Madeline Bermes atMadeline.Bermes@thenextgeneration.org if you wish to attend. Invitations will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis.
LIVE WEBCAST: The press conference will also be webcast live at 8:30 a.m. EST Tuesday, June 24. Click here to watch.